Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A busy fall day

It was chilly this morning waiting for the bus so I decided to do 2 block hill sprints up and down 16th while I waited for the bus. When I got to campus I was able to snap a few quick shots of the scenery around the bike racks next to MWAH, Swenson, and the Planetarium.

I also installed my next prototype of my DIY holdfast style straps this morning too.

Put a total of six rivets in it. Didn't rivet the bottom one b/c its always under constant pressure and I think the velcro will stick anyway. The DIY I followed can be found here.


Last night Brandon came to me with a few problems with his centurion fixed conversion. He had just healed up after surgery and the doc's told him he can't ride with foot retention (don't think they know what a fixed gear is then).
Started with adjusting the cones on the front wheel, then realized the tire was in there odd.
Applied some hockey tape as makeshift rim tape to try and correct the tire problem.
Tightened the bolts on the crank.
After about an hour of trying different tire/tube/rim combinations settled on trading him a old Sora hub on a Vuelta rim. Fit his Conti Gatorskin tire much better. Now his front hub matches his Sora road brake.

It was warm for November (55F!) so Caitlin and Sallie took a few cameras for bike ride down the lake walk. Caitlin had a great riding outfit.

Nice socks.
Cool bike.
Duluth needs more bike bridges like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment