Tuesday, November 10, 2009

this is good news

DTA bike racks to remain on buses year-round


This really helps when I'm trying to keep a time schedule and cycle to school or work. I can make it the 3 miles from my house to school in about 12 minutes on a warm day, sprinting on a fixed gear through traffic. Its uphill all the way, climbing over 1000ft in elevation that really makes you sweat. But on a cool, windy, brisk, rainy, or otherwise sh*tcan day it takes over 20 minutes. In that time two buses will pass me on my way to school. With these racks I can get to school in under 10 minutes and still have my bike to get me around places at the top of the hill. The big plus is then I have that 3 mile solid hill bomb to do on the way home. A real eye opener on my brakeless Bianchi. Even more fun when its slick and I can use the Salsa ala carte fixed gear mtn bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment