Tuesday, November 10, 2009

First Post

This is the first post. The idea of archiving all the cheap hacks and methods I've been using for the last two years to survive biking in the elements has been brewing in the back of my mind for a while. The goal is to pass on these techniques to anyone else that encouters similiar conditions and needs a quick fix without shelling out a lot of cash for the solutions.

A little about myself: I'm a 20 yr old college student living in Duluth, MN since 2007. I am a photography major with an emphasis in digital media. I work at the Multimedia HUB at UMD.
I live on the bottom of the duluth hillside on superior street, just a block away from the Bike Cave Collective. I have to admit most of these projects have been because of the resources the bike cave have. Having a graveyard of old bikes to pick apart has been the greatest help. The guys that run it are great and have a slew of knowledge available. I also have to thank my dad, who taught me most of these techniques. For the greater part of my childhood he helped run a few bike shops and internet bike outlets out of Minneapolis, MN. I grew up going to bike auctions everyweek and basically always had the resources to ride, but never really used them until I went to college.

I hope this blog will be a well of information about biking, commuting, and all things good in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment